Job Vacancy – Head Chef for Catering Van
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Turvelaws Farm, Wooler, NE71 6AJ
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for the position of head chef at Particularly Good Potatoes. We are looking for a motivated and ambitious chef to join our team, taking on the role of managing and cooking in the PGP catering van. This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to progress their career and put their own stamp on a kitchen.
Part of the role will also include product testing and advising our customers on how to best serve up our products to the end consumer. Providing high quality products to the end consumer plays a large part in our business and we want someone who can take this on board and strive to meet the high standards we aim to achieve.
PGP is a family run business with an innovative approach to farming and production. Our team is hard working and ambitious whilst offering a relaxed and friendly working environment. The role can be flexible but a suggested working week of 5 days with Thursday, Friday and Saturday 1pm – 9pm being compulsory to accommodate the catering van.
The job role will include:
• Overall responsibility for the kitchen’s daily operations.
• Liaising with the relevant companies for food orders.
• Creating exciting new dishes which will appeal to our client base.
• Maintaining/raising the food’s profit margins for the business.
• Monitoring and controlling stock levels.
• Ensuring correct stock rotation procedures are followed.
• Implementation of health and safety procedures in the kitchen.
• Producing cooking guidelines and testing our products
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• Experience of running and managing a kitchen.
• Good customer service
• Will be motivated and eager to progress their career
• Able to work independently as well as part of a team
• Good communication skills
To apply for this position please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Closing date for all applications is Saturday 14th September